Friday, December 26, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!







For Christmas we received so much snow! The weatherman said it's the most snow Seattle has received since 1861! "Yes," he said, "that was an 18 and not a 19!"
Josh and I tried building a snowman...but if you know Seattle snow, it doesn't pack very well. We tried everything, even squirting the snow with a squirt bottle to try and make it stick together. Josh said, "Daddy do it." So sure enough, Daddy was able to do it. He also tried starting the snowman from a snowball, but the snowball never got bigger than in the picture. Instead, he piled up a huge mound of snow and carved the snowman out of the mound. What a great idea! I had so much fun watching them figure out how to get that snowman built together. They worked so hard. Josh couldn't have been more proud! Good job Josh and Dad!
In addition to the whole week of snow we received before Christmas, it snowed all of Christmas Eve and all of Christmas Day. With the huge trees around here, I felt like I was snowed in at some lodge. It was so beautiful! A very unusual site up here. We were glad we were home for the holidays to see it.

1 comment:

Pasion Family said...

I felt the same way!- So much snow... However, I am glad you guys made use of the snow like us.