Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Hiking

I absolutely love to hike and hope my kids grow up to be hikers. Yesterday we did a 4 hour hike with the kids and they did a super job. The mountain was called Little Si, and it's a challenging little hike for them. Troy and I hiked it when we were first dating with his little 4 year old son Dallon. Well, about 5 minutes from the top, Dallon got stung by a bee and we had to turn around. So it was seven years coming, but we finally made it to the very top! It's crazy to think that Troy and I hiked it seven whole years ago when we barely knew each other, and this time we did it with our own kiddies.

Bradley was very cute hiking...super proud of himself. Josh made the suggestion that we could see Sabrina because we were getting so high up in the sky and that maybe we could yell when we got to the top and tell Jesus to bring her down to us. I was all for that and thought it was a great idea! After Josh suggested that, Brad told everyone who passed us on the trail that he was hiking up to Sabrina. I love how kids think, they don't know what's possible and what's not possible on this earth yet.

I love this hike because it's so green. I remember how I loved all the green the first time I hiked it. There's lots of mossy trees and rocks. Very beautiful. Enjoy the pictures.

Very proud he made it. "YES!"

(This was his idea.)











6 comments:

Julie and Mike Wood said...

Tammy love the new pictures at the top! You guys are awesome!!! How's everything else? You better share any good news with me!
I still haven't hiked mt Si! Awesome that the two little ones did it...gives me hope. ;) only 7 more days.

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Loving the pictures you did above..so fun! The hiking pictures are beautiful as well, makes me want to go on a hike. What a good lookin fam:)

Jamee said...

How fun! I love the pictures, looks like a beautiful hike! Way to go boys!!

Pasion Family said...

Wow- Hiking, even with the little ones! Kids say the greatest things and I love your pics!

Chippy said...

That is so very sweet about their thoughts of Sabrina. I too love how children's minds think. And I really liked the shot looking up into the trees, with the rock outcropping. That was really great!

Carrie Wood said...

I love those pictures! I remember you loved hiking and I remember going on fun hikes with you. I am glad you still do what you love!