I'm not from Washington and probably won't end up here, so I loathed the thought of putting Sabrina in some cemetery in some place that wasn't home to me. Troy's mother Annelle, who lives in Utah (where both Troy's and my families are from), offered her own grave site right beside her very own mother and father who died in recent years. Annelle lives a block or so away and visits her parents there almost daily on her walks. The place felt very good to me and I cannot tell you how glad I am that we decided to put her here. We don't get to visit her grave much, but as you will see in the pictures below, Sabrina is in a most beautiful place where she is loved and cared for by Troy's dear mother. I love you Annelle! Thank you so much for taking care of and loving our little one!
Her little loved grave resting right beside her great grandparents'.
My sister also has a little baby buried there and Troy's grandparents on his father's side are buried there. Many of the family members with her in heaven are buried right around her. As my little Brad would say, "PERFECT!"
Here are some pictures of her grave on "special occasions" over the past year. Although the pictures were taken on "special occasions", on any given day her grave boasts of this much love and about the only time it's bare is when Annelle has removed the items as required by the cemetery for a day of lawn mowing. Most of the pictures below were taken and sent to us by Annelle.

Christmas 2009
Sabrina's very own little Christmas Tree.
Christmas 2009
Luminaries.
Easter 2010
I was so touched when I saw in person how much Annelle takes care of our little baby. This was the first time we got to see her grave in person after we had buried her back in November...her very own Easter egg hunt!
Memorial Day 2010
Thank you to all of you who went and visited little Sabrina and brought her flowers or made items for her. I was astounded at the love shown to her and to us that day.
A hat knitted by a little cousin for her.
Sabrina's One Year Old Birthday
Notice the little graham cracker and icing cake that Annelle made for her with one candle in it. So sweet! Also her princess castle and baby doll. "PERFECT!"
Then Annelle sent her birthday balloons up to her...a pink one from each one of us and one white one because she is one year old.
We got to visit her grave again just a few weeks ago. We got word at the end of our family reunion in Yellowstone that Troy's grandmother on his dad's side had died, so we drove to Utah for the funeral instead of back home. It was interesting to me to observe us at the cemetery. We felt pretty comfortable being there even though it was still very very hard. When you have someone in heaven, you don't feel so out of place at a cemetery any more. I got this picture because I observed just that, that amid the sorrow that day there was laughter and happiness and sunshine for us.
We love you and miss you Sabrina! You must be a most beautiful spirit and we are so blessed to have had you with us for a short time!
Like I tell Josh and Brad, see you when Jesus comes!

3 comments:
That really is perfect. Your mother-in-law is amazing. These pictures are so fun. Thanks for sharing. Sabrina is so loved.
Thanks for sharing that. Wow...what a great mother-n-law!! I love the pictures. Sabrina is smiling I'm sure.
That is so sweet. :) Annelle seems like a wonderful woman.
Post a Comment