Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yellowstone

We just got back from a trip to Yellowstone with Troy's side of the family. I didn't realize Yellowstone had so many bubbling, erupting and cool things to see. The place was so neat that I want to go back with at least a whole week to spend.
Some of Troy's family members made tie-dyed shirts for all of us, we felt cool being a group of look-a-likes.  
Troy was a popular attraction himself at the park when he wore his "World's Greatest Farter...oops I mean Father" shirt. A guy looking at this hot pot stopped his car and asked if he could to take a picture of Troy so he could show the shirt to his buddies. He thought the shirt was hilarious and asked Troy where he got it. Troy told him his wife made it for him. He said we should market the shirt....we could make lots of money. Little did the guy know I got the shirt idea from the internet where it's all over already. I think Troy will wear his shirt much more proudly now...not that he didn't already.
The sites were awesome! We had a great time.
Dallon usually doesn't get to come with us on our trips, but we got to have him with us this time. All of Grandma Annelle's ("Grammanell's") kids and grandkids were there. She really loved that. She's an awesome Grandma!

We were treated to river rafting by Grammanell also. Brad and Knox neither one was happy at all to be on that raft, but Brad ended up being a super good rafter.
I don't know what my favorite thing was, all of the amazing sites together made for one cool place.
I loved seeing the animals. It seems like they're all pretty used to people so they walk right next to the cars. We saw lots of elk, a coyote, and lots of buffalo, but no bears or moose. I really wanted to get a close up of one of the buffalo's faces. Every time we'd see one I would lean out of our van window and wait to get as close as I dared, then I would snap the picture and hurry and roll my window up hoping I hadn't made him mad. With one side butt of his head this one could've done some real damage to our window or van. This is the best close up I got, not quite what I had wanted, oh well, I had fun trying.
I guess that about sums it up. I have lots of pictures of bubbling things, but I guess I'll end it here. If you haven't been, it's definitely one fantastic place. Super interesting and very beautiful!

2 comments:

Jamee said...

Love the new look, and the new photos!!

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love the picture of Brad just hangin out on the raft. So cute!